PLEASE add support for extracting from a Stream / byte array...

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I love this project, but it's reliance on physical files limits it's use. Should be fairly straightforward to refactor to allow extraction from in-memory jpegs...would increase the number of scenarios you could cover. I need to discard fotofly for a current project just because it needs a physical file to extract data from.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the note, could you give me a simple example of how you'd like to use the APIs? I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement but this'll help me.

Thanks

Ben

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I would love to see this as well. It's a real impact to my API to have to save to disk before reading the meta-data. Being able to read from a stream would really improve the modularity and throughput of my app.

Can we get it? Do beer bribes work? :)

The implementation I'm thinking of would be:

var photo = new JpgPhoto(stream);

So a constructor signature of:

JpgPhoto(Stream stream)

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM
It's such a shame this project is dead. I'd love to make the change myself but it's not a two minute job as the code is very file-focused rather than stream based.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Hi Amethi,

Sorry my days being single ended 10 months ago with the birth of my daughter, and we brought a house. So my days of sit in front of the TV in my loft in San Francisco have changed a lot!

I still use the code regularly to manage my photos so it's still current but I'm not sure when I'll next have a chance to do any major changes.

Ben